EMC - electromagnetic compatibility tests
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is a feature of an electrical or magnetic device or tool that does not affect another object, including itself, and resists the effects of other devices.
We offer measurements of:
- Electrical parts of manufacturing machinery
- Electrical parts of heat equipment
- Electrical parts of automation equipment and elements
- Electrical laboratory, scientific and optical instruments
- Selected electrical appliances for household and similar use
- Office equipment and data processing equipment
- Medical devices, including electrical instruments and equipment
- Other electrical engineering equipment
What is assessed:
- Elektromagnetická interference (EMI) znamená rušivé působení zařízení na své okolí – může být po vedení nebo elektromagnetickým polem.
- Elektromagnetická susceptibilita (EMS) znamená testování odolnosti neboli působení vnějších vlivů na dané zařízení (statický náboj, vf elektromagnetické pole, přepěťová vlna, magnetické pole apod.).
Nejčastěji se vyskytující problémy:
- Bad connection of frequency converters with motors
- Excessive radiation of speed controllers and switched power supply units
- ČSN EN IEC 61000-6-1 ed.3:2019 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Generic standards. Resistance. Residential, commercial and light industry environment
- ČSN EN IEC 61000-6-3 ed.3:2021 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-3: Generic standards – Emission standard for equipment in residential environments
- ČSN EN IEC 55014-1 ed. 5:2021 Electromagnetic compatibility - Requirements for household appliances, electrical tools and similar devices – Part 1: Emissions
- ČSN EN IEC 55014-2 ed. 3:2021 – Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements concerning household appliances, electrical instruments and similar apparatuses – Part 2: Resistance - Product group standard
- ČSN EN IEC 61000-6-2 ed. 4:2019 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 6-2: Generic standards – Interference resistance for industrial environment
- ČSN EN IEC 61000-6-4 ed. 3:2019 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Principal standards. Emissions. Industrial environment
- ČSN EN 55011 ed. 4:2017 Industrial, scientific and medical equipment - Radio frequency disturbance characteristics - Limits and methods of measurement
- ČSN EN IEC 61326-1 ed. 3:2022 Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use. EMC requirements. General requirements
- ČSN EN 60601-1-2 ed. 3:2016 Medical electrical equipment – Part 1-2: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance – Collateral Standard: Electromagnetic disturbances – Requirements and tests
- ČSN EN 60730-1 ed.2:2001 Automatic electrical controls for household and similar use. General requirements
- ČSN EN 60730-1 ed. 4:2017 Automatic electrical controls – Part 1: General requirements
- ČSN EN 55022 ed.3:2011 IT equipment. High-frequency interference characteristics. Limits and methods of measurement
- ČSN EN 55035:2018 Electromagnetic compatibility of multimedia equipment – Immunity requirements
- and others
PRE-COMPLIANCE AND DEVELOPMENT TESTING OF EMC
The purpose of pre-compliance testing of EMC is to verify a product performance before commencement of the actual certification process. This approach offers the advantages of being able to verify the modifications implemented during the stage of the product development, of lower price as compared to the non-complying result of a full certification process, and of greater time flexibility.
Development testing gives you an opportunity to implement modifications and improvements of your equipment directly in the course of testing, to monitor operatively the effect of the implemented modifications and solve the EMC issues.
We are able to conduct the EMC measurements not only in our laboratories but we can also perform them at your premises.